Friday 22 August 2014

Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies





 Here’s another great dessert recipe. (I have a few non-dessert recipes coming next week)




 But until then – make these.  So chocolaty and good. They are gluten free and flour free.  (I used almond meal) Also refined sugar free if you use organic coconut palm sugar like I did.  (Although I have used regular white sugar one of the five times I made them, just to check and they were just the same)


 The secret ingredient here is – avocado! But it doesn’t taste like avocado, don’t worry.  It tastes like yummy fudgy brownies. And it's so easy to make - just one bowl.




I have a variation on these coming up in a few days too, so make sure to come back for that recipe.



  I hope you make these and that you like them as much as we did.  My husband and two kids loved them.



Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies

Fudgy and Chewy Brownies


 Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
Prep time:
Cook time:
Yeild: 16 large squares

Ingredients:

  • 100 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Brand for Paleo diet)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1 avocado
  • 3 large eggs
  • ½ banana
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar*
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • ¼ cup dark cocoa powder**


Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Grease and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
  3. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave, heating for about 30 second at a time and stirring in between until melted and combined. Set aside.
  4. Mash the avocado and banana in a large bowl (You’ll only need one bowl.)
  5. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together (I use a fork for this recipe).
  6. Add sugar, almond meal and dark cocoa powder.
  7. Drizzle in the chocolate and coconut mixture, slowly so that the mixture in the bowl doesn’t cool it too fast and turn the coconut oil or chocolate back to a solid. (Really slow. A thin drizzle, while mixing. An extra person to hold the bowl here is handy, but if not, just ground your bowl on a damp cloth to prevent from moving around)
  8. Once all mixed together, pour into baking pan.
  9. Bake for 25 minutes or until it is not soft and the top springs back when lightly pressed. Let cool in the pan, and then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight (if you can wait that long).
  10. Slice into squares and serve.
*Use white refined sugar if you prefer.
**I like Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! We just made the brownies today-which are delicious! But, realized afterwards that the instructions never called for the 1/2 banana so we completely forgot to put it in! They still taste amazing but I am curious where the banana is needed. Thought I would add it to my notes for next time :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! I've been away for a week so apologies for the late response. My idea with the banana was for a bit of moisture and when I was testing, a whole banana seemed like too much. Glad to know if worked without out it and I've updated the instructions. Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...