Wednesday 1 July 2015

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles

Happy Canada Day!! 





Today I have another pretty simple recipe. It involves really only 3 ingredients, if you use the rice syrup as a sweetener (or something different if you prefer, like honey or maple syrup or even white sugar). I left the strawberries unsweetened, as mine were pretty sweet anyway. I added one and a half tablespoons of rice syrup to the frozen yogurt layer, just to make it a little less sour (for the kids).

My nieces and nephew were over this weekend and tried them despite my warnings that they were sour, and they loved them.

Plus they look kind of festive for Canada Day and only take a few hours to freeze.

My daughter mashed our strawberries with a potato masher but you could puree them if you want to in a blender or food processor.

I love that this is an easy and fairly healthy treat for summer that only take 3 ingredients and no special tools if you choose to go by hand like we did. I hope you like it too.

Have a great Canada Day!! If you're in the U.S. have a great July 4th on Saturday!

Happy Summer!






Strawberry & Frozen Yogurt Popsicle

 Strawberry & Frozen Yogurt Popsicle
popsicles
Yield: About 8-10
Preparation time: 10min
Freeze time: 2-3 hours

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound strawberries, washed and hulled
  • 1 ½ cups plain greek yogurt, divided
  • 1 ½ tbsp rice syrup or other sweetener (optional)

Instructions:

      1. Mash the hulled strawberries (we used a potato masher, you could puree it also.
      2. Add half a cup of greek yogurt to the strawberries and set aside.
      3. Add the rice syrup or other sweetener to the other cup of greek yogurt.
      4. Pour into molds. I poured the yogurt in about a quarter of the way up the molds. Then I almost filled them with the strawberry mixture. To top it off, I added a bit more of the yogurt.
      5. Freeze for a couple of hours and then enjoy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...